Adapt the Latest HVAC Technologies to Stringent Institutional Requirements
Let Kolostat help design and build buildings that will be occupied by the municipal, provincial and federal government, or any type of public usage building.
Indoor Cannabis Growing
Indoor Cannabis Growing
Indoor Cannabis Growing
Kolostat is Trusted by
Kolostat is capable of quoting “plan and spec” institutional buildings… that’s a given!. However, if you are a promoter who is providing services to institutional entities that will be renting from you, why not choose Kolostat as your design-build partner. Kolostat has worked on numerous building occupied by governments (municipal, provincial, federal) and public facilities (arenas, libraries, public transportation, hospitals, schools, agency buildings, archive facilities, etc.). We’ll help you streamline the design while meeting the stringent requirements of such institutional buildings.
Enquire about how we can help with your institutional project today!
How can we help you?
Bid & Spec
Bid and spec projects comprise a fair portion of our total construction volume. We take pride in our ability to produce high-quality installations, at highly competitive prices, based on consulting engineers’ designs.
Furthermore, our experienced, engineering-oriented project managers use their knowledge to ensure that site installations keep with the intended design, allowing you to benefit from projects that are delivered deficiency-free.
We also often work together with consulting engineers, who develop performance specifications, and we complete the detailed design, collaboratively with the same mindset.
If you have been awarded a government contract to build and lease space to a government entity, you should be thinking of Kolostat as your design-build contractor to meet the stringent requirements of your space to be leased. If you are planning to participate in a PPP project, Kolostat should be considered a partner of choice.
Kolostat has proven itself to be a leader in the HVAC design-build industry. Whether in traditional design-build performance bids or through our trademark develop the design and build where we go beyond and meet our clients’ needs and business objectives. Kolostat then builds, commissions, and maintains our installations to ensure long term energy savings while exceeding tenant expectations while meeting the owner’s financial requirements. Beyond all of this, Kolostat has a track record of delivering LEED-certified buildings that tend to be required for institutional projects.
We do it all with:
- In-house engineering, drafting, installation teams
- Guaranteed construction costs unless there is a change in scope
- Fastest delivery – always on time
- Lifetime guarantee
- Measurement and verification where required to ensure targets are achieved
Our clients tell us that doing a project design-build with Kolostat gives them the best value for their money.
Air Conditioning & Ventilation
Occupant comfort and energy-efficient building systems are what we specialize in. In order to meet your budget and indoor air quality requirements that have institutional-level pre-requisites, our experienced professionals have a proven record to engineer mechanical systems that will exceed your most stringent demands or to work with your consultants towards the same goal.
We often help institutional landlords retain tenants when faced with building-related complaints and turn these tenants into long term clients.
Heating, Piping and Plumbing
Kolostat’s piping team is proud to have designed and installed award-winning piping systems that have saved their owners millions of dollars in energy consumption.
Almost every building in North America has excess heat which needs to be dissipated year-round. While most buildings simply reject heat directly into the atmosphere, we recognize that every season of the year gives us opportunities to put this excess heat to work. Whether by tempering fresh air, heating domestic hot water, or even melting snow, Kolostat’s engineers always look for alternative ways to use or store this heat before turning to more conventional methods. We have consistently shown building owners that an investment in their piping infrastructure can drastically reduce energy costs and increase system performance.
We also strongly advocate the efficient use of potable water. With today’s low water flow plumbing fixtures, we exercise special care to ensure all the plumbing fixtures work properly, despite this diminished water flow.
We serve large institutional building owners to prevent costly breakdowns to burners, boilers, and heating equipment. We work with all kinds of combustion systems and fuel types, including high/low-pressure steam, bunker, oil #2, thermal oil systems, micro-modulation systems, and much more.
In addition to maintaining equipment, we specialize in refurbishing burners, gas train equipment, burner management systems, retubing, refractory changes – you name it. When appropriate, we evaluate and recommend when it’s time for a replacement.
Many boiler plants are oversized, which causes inefficient burning as well as costly and damaging cycling of the heating systems. We design and install boiler plants that are the right-size for the application and operate them efficiently.
Today, Building Automation Systems (BAS) are critical assets for almost every building. They are the key to ensure that the mechanical designs perform to their highest potential. Kolostat’s control installations operate on an Automated Logic Corporation (ALC) platform, one of the industry leaders in North America. By combining the power of ALC with the ingenuity of Kolostat’s multidisciplinary professionals, we are able to find innovative ways of controlling equipment to optimize both occupant and energy consumption. Either by mobile or desktop devices, ALC gives us the ability to display and modify the control logic live through its WebCTRL® web interface, allowing users and operators to easily understand precisely how their equipment is being controlled.
From the smallest VAV box to the most complex campus-wide mechanical systems, WebCTRL® has the speed, power, and flexibility to keep systems running at peak efficiencies.
Since 1927, we have developed our operational techniques and our preventive maintenance know-how to the full benefit of our clients operating institutional buildings.
- Extend your equipment’s life cycle,
- Improve occupant comfort,
- Reduce loss of productivity,
- Reduce or stabilize operating costs.
- Define the needs and identify the issues,
- Analyze the installations and determine the appropriate corrective measures,
- Proceed with a financial analysis of current operating costs,
- Determine the best program to serve the needs of the project,
- Launch a personalized preventive maintenance program.
Our Exclusive Lifetime Guarantee Program
- When our clients opt for a lifetime guarantee agreement, they benefit from a fixed annual price for all maintenance and repair work on their mechanical systems. This valued approach helps our clients in the following 4 ways:
1. Kolostat assumes all the maintenance and repair costs, and keeps the equipment in perfect condition in order to eliminate costly breakdowns;
2. We eliminate the problems before they occur, thus maximizing occupant comfort;
3. A lifetime agreement will allow our clients to better budget their annual expenditures at a fixed price;
4. Furthermore, well-planned preventive maintenance ensures that the equipment operates properly, thus reducing energy costs;
- Benefiting from a preventive maintenance program on the mechanical systems is definitely part of our GREEN philosophy. Kolostat designs and installs mechanical systems, and we fully commit to operating them in an effective and optimal manner.
One number! (514) 333-7333, option 1.
A 50 truck service fleet to better serve project size and scope.
For all emergencies, we are available 24/7 and will provide quick and professional service.
Whether the problem is related to heating, ventilation, air conditioning, plumbing, piping, combustion, or controls, one of Kolostat’s licensed technicians will solve the situation diligently to ensure that the equipment is functioning properly.
Our speedy service will minimize facility downtime, tenants, and/or the operations or any discomfort resulting from the improper function of the mechanical systems.
Experience the Kolostat Difference!
One-Time Consulting Services
Construction requirements whether for an institutional energy efficiency project or a new or existing building need:
- Engineering, Life cycle analysis
- Energy Planning and Grant Maximization
- HVAC, Piping, Combustion, DDC Controls, RCx, Energy Retrofit
- Maintenance, Measurement & Verification, Continuous Cx
- Accompaniment in energy management system (EnMS)
- Accompaniment in LEED, BOMA BEST certification
- Energy Star certification
- Energy Policy
- Energy Planning
- Energy, Water Audits
- Power demand profile
- Facility Energy Master Plan (if required)
- Providing M&V tools (if required)
- Application to grant programs
Continuous Consulting Services
On top of all our other services, we can also offer you:
- Billing analysis and weather normalization – monthly
- Benchmarking (regular vs Energy Star) – yearly
- Analyzing the power demand profile (Monthly) to determine if peak demand can be shaved
- Assessing energy performance with respect to the baseline (on a monthly basis) to early detect any deviation
- Reviewing systems performance via DDC (by system/global) going beyond existing service contract – quarterly
- Enforcing agreed-upon schedules of operation & set points – quarterly
- Energy Star Scores & (Certifications for eligible buildings) – yearly (optional)
- Detecting operational anomalies through DDC review & analysis – ongoing
- Attending energy committees meetings (optional)
- Giving some energy training to assigned energy champions (Optional)
Why choose Kolostat for all of your institutional HVAC needs?
Better chance of getting grants.
Every Kolostat project is evaluated with an “energy play”, our track record shows, if we evaluate a grant is available for promoters renting to government bodies, we end up getting it. Call our experts: we can perform a free evaluation of your project.
Reduce energy costs across the board.
Our work has the ability to substantially reduce energy costs throughout your entire institutional building (make the math, it adds up quickly!). Since the onset of LEED, we have been involved in designing and executing many successful projects, several of our designers and project managers are LEED AP; we can walk you through the process and help you choose the LEED points that has the biggest bang for your bulk!
We're flexible and adapt to project requirements.
We understand your bottom line goals.
If you are a promoter renting to a government entity, know that we don’t only understand the HVAC technology and fundamentals, we understand how it more broadly affects your bottom line every step of the way. Every operating cost dollar saved goes directly to the asset value of a building (PS: how often have you heard a design-build contractor talk the same language as you?).
What is the Kolostat promise?
No cost budget overruns
No unexpected expenditures
What's it like working with Kolostat?
- Evaluate your facility and how we can help you.
- Design and engineer the right overall solution for your process/facility
- Install turnkey solutions justified on a cash flow basis!
- Provide ongoing, onsite support services
- Help you continually evaluate your assets/processes and operations
Why choose Kolostat as your project contractor?
Kolostat has the local resources and experience to successfully implement facility optimization projects which meet your needs and objectives.
- Lifetime guarantee on solutions
- No extra cost or cost budget overrun
- One source of responsibility – all coordination is done by Kolostat (fewer disputes)
- Collaborative approach including your internal resources centered on your needs and objectives
- Faster project delivery (less players, less steps) – always on time
- Eliminates adversarial conditions
- Fixed price turnkey solutions (limited risk for the client)
- Shorter procurement period
- Early knowledge of project cost
- Bigger chance to innovate and achieve design excellence