Cost-effective HVAC solutions for the high technology space
Improve infrastructure uptimes in core facilities for your customers, stakeholders and end-users.
Kolostat is Trusted by
Operate with more reliability and lower operating cost by having an HVAC partner specialized in systems applications with energy efficiency expertise like Kolostat. Kolostat has close to a century of experience in helping companies with their customized heating and cooling needs. We offer tailored mechanical solutions to factories, plants, data-centers, Bitcoin farms, clean rooms, labs, environmental chambers, and other process-driven applications. Let Kolostat worry about the complex HVAC requirements so you can focus on increasing throughput.
Enquire about how we can help with your high-technology project today!
How can we help you?
Kolostat has proven itself to be a leader in the HVAC design-build industry. Whether in traditional design-build performance bids or through our trademark develop the design and build where we go beyond and meet our clients’ needs and business objectives. Kolostat then builds, commissions, and maintains our installations to ensure long term energy savings while exceeding client expectations.
We do it all with:
- In-house engineering, drafting, installation teams
- Guaranteed construction costs unless there is a change in scope
- Fastest delivery – always on time
- Lifetime guarantee
- Measurement and verification where required to ensure targets are achieved
Our clients tell us that doing a project design-build with Kolostat gives them the best value for their money.
This method helps our industrial clients free up their operational and maintenance staff so they can keep their eyes on the production.
Air Conditioning & Ventilation
Occupant comfort and energy-efficient building systems are what we specialize in. In order to meet your budget and indoor air quality requirements, our experienced professionals have a proven record to engineer mechanical systems that will exceed your most stringent demands or to work with your consultants towards the same goal.
We often help landlords retain tenants when faced with building-related complaints and turn these tenants into long term clients.
Heating, Piping and Plumbing
Kolostat’s piping team is proud to have designed and installed award winning piping systems which have saved their owners millions of dollars in energy consumption.
Almost every commercial building in North America has excess heat which needs to be dissipated year-round. While most buildings simply reject heat directly into the atmosphere, we recognize that every season of the year gives us opportunities to put this excess heat to work. Whether by tempering fresh air, heating domestic hot water, or even melting snow, Kolostat’s engineers always look for alternative ways to use or store this heat before turning to more conventional methods. We have consistently shown building owners that an investment in their piping infrastructure can drastically reduce energy costs and increase system performance.
We also strongly advocate efficient use of potable water. With today’s low water flow plumbing fixtures, we exercise special care to ensure all the plumbing fixtures work properly, despite this diminished water flow.
Kolostat specializes in providing industrial solutions that encompass all aspects of the production and distribution of steam, hot water, and chilled water. Along with our ventilation, combustion, and controls disciplines, we look for energy-saving opportunities with a holistic approach which makes us an ideal turn-key design-build partner.
In particular, we focus on providing turnkey installations including grants and rebates applications and follow up. Our engineers are familiar with all available grant programs including among other Eco Performance program (Transition Énergétique Québec), Énergir & Hydro-Quebec grant programs. These projects can provide energy efficiency measures with paybacks as quickly as 24 months. We work in close collaboration with our clients to define mutually agreed performance targets and deliver on these expectations with our inventive designs. With our in-house engineering expertise for energy simulation, system design, equipment selection and grant applications, we are able to secure funding and guarantee successful project results.
We serve large commercial building owners as well as high-tech clients to prevent costly breakdowns to their process combustion systems such as burners, dryers, boilers, and heating facilities. We work with all kinds of combustion systems and fuel types, including high/low pressure steam, bunker, oil #2, thermal oil systems, micro-modulation systems and much more.
In addition to maintaining equipment, we specialize in refurbishing burners, gas train equipment, burner management systems, retubing, refractory changes – you name it. When appropriate, we evaluate and recommend when it’s time for a replacement.
Many boiler plants are oversized, which causes inefficient burning as well as costly and damaging cycling of the heating systems. We design and install boiler plants that are the right-size for the application and operate them efficiently.
Today, Building Automation Systems (BAS) are critical assets for almost every building. They are the key to ensure that the mechanical designs perform to their highest potential. Kolostat’s control installations operate on an Automated Logic Corporation (ALC) platform, one of the industry leaders in North America. By combining the power of ALC with the ingenuity of Kolostat’s multidisciplinary professionals, we are able to find innovative ways of controlling equipment to optimize indoor environment conditions, reliability, and energy consumption. Either by mobile or desktop devices, ALC gives us the ability to display and modify the control logic live through its WebCTRL® web interface, allowing users and operators to easily understand precisely how their equipment is being controlled.
From the smallest VAV box to the most complex facility-wide mechanical systems, WebCTRL® has the speed, power, and flexibility to keep systems running at peak efficiencies.
Since 1927, we have developed our operational techniques and our preventive maintenance know-how to the full benefit of our clients.
- Extend your equipment’s life cycle,
- Improve occupant comfort,
- Reduce loss of productivity,
- Reduce or stabilize your operating costs.
- Define your needs and identify the issues,
- Analyze your installations and determine the appropriate corrective measures,
- Proceed with a financial analysis of your current operating costs,
- Determine the best program to serve your needs,
- Launch your personalized preventive maintenance program.
Our Exclusive Lifetime Guarantee Program
- When our clients opt for a lifetime guarantee agreement, they benefit from a fixed annual price for all maintenance and repair work on their mechanical systems. This valued approach helps our clients in the following 4 ways:
1. Kolostat assumes all the maintenance and repair costs, and keeps your equipment in perfect condition in order to eliminate costly breakdowns,
2. We eliminate the problems before they occur, thus maximizing occupant comfort and productivity,
3. A lifetime agreement will allow our clients to better budget their annual expenditures at a fixed price,
4. Furthermore, a well-planned preventive maintenance ensures that the equipment operates properly, thus reducing energy costs.
- Benefiting from a preventive maintenance program on your mechanical systems is definitely part of our GREEN philosophy. Kolostat designs and installs mechanical systems, and we fully commit to operate them in an effective and optimal manner.
One number! (514) 333-7333, option 1.
A 50 truck service fleet to better serve you.
For all emergencies, we are available 24/7 and will provide a quick and professional service.
Whether your problem is related to heating, ventilation, air conditioning, plumbing, piping, combustion or controls, one of Kolostat’s licensed technicians will solve the situation diligently to ensure that your equipment is functioning properly.
Our speedy service will minimize slowdown of your employees, tenants and/or your operations or any discomfort resulting from the improper function of your mechanical systems.
Experience the Kolostat Difference!
One-Time Consulting Services
Construction requirements whether for a commercial or industrial energy efficiency project or a new or existing building need:
- Engineering, Life cycle analysis
- Energy Planning and Grant Maximization
- HVAC, Piping, Combustion, DDC Controls, RCx, Energy Retrofit
- Maintenance, Measurement & Verification, Continuous Cx
- Accompaniment in energy management system (EnMS)
- Accompaniment in LEED, BOMA BEST certification
- Energy Star certification
- Energy Policy
- Energy Planning
- Energy, Water Audits
- Power demand profile
- Facility Energy Master Plan (if required)
- Providing M&V tools (if required)
- Application to grant programs
Continuous Consulting Services
On top of all our other services, we can also offer you:
- Billing analysis and weather normalization – monthly
- Benchmarking (regular vs Energy Star) – yearly
- Analyzing the power demand profile (Monthly) to determine if peak demand can be shaved
- Assessing energy performance with respect to the baseline (on a monthly basis) to early detect any deviation
- Reviewing systems performance via DDC (by system/global) going beyond existing service contract – quarterly
- Enforcing agreed-upon schedules of operation & set points – quarterly
- Energy Star Scores & (Certifications for eligible buildings) – yearly (optional)
- Detecting operational anomalies through DDC review & analysis – ongoing
- Attending energy committees meetings (optional)
- Giving some energy training to assigned energy champions (Optional)
Why choose Kolostat for all of your high-technology HVAC needs?
We design and build HVAC solutions that optimize your business’ ability to land government and utility grants. We can handle the heavy lifting for you.
Lower energy costs.
A faster ROI.
A more collaborative approach.
What is the Kolostat promise?
No cost budget overruns
No unexpected expenditures
What's it like working with Kolostat?
- Evaluate your facility and how we can help you.
- Design and engineer the right overall solution for your process/facility
- Install turnkey solutions justified on a cash flow basis!
- Provide ongoing, onsite support services
- Help you continually evaluate your assets/processes and operations
Why choose Kolostat as your project contractor?
Kolostat has the local resources and experience to successfully implement facility optimization projects which meet your needs and objectives.
- Lifetime guarantee on solutions
- No extra cost or cost budget overrun
- One source of responsibility – all coordination is done by Kolostat (fewer disputes)
- Collaborative approach including your internal resources centered on your needs and objectives
- Faster project delivery (less players, less steps) – always on time
- Eliminates adversarial conditions
- Fixed price turnkey solutions (limited risk for the client)
- Shorter procurement period
- Early knowledge of project cost
- Bigger chance to innovate and achieve design excellence