GENERAL JOB OVERVIEW:
The Ventilation Draftsperson is responsible for the preparation of working drawings for ventilation work in order to establish project engineering and then prepare fabrication drawings for installation on site.
- Prepare working drawings for ventilation work to establish project engineering and then prepare fabrication drawings for installation at the job site.
- Interpret and understand drawings, diagrams and specifications
- Execute installation drawings and coordination.
- Proceed with the fabrication of the different elements.
- Respect the codes in force as well as the company’s standards.
- Preparation, verification and quality control of all plans (drawings, specifications, installation details and manufacturing drawings). Ensure that the installation teams have all the necessary details and information, drawings and instructions from the manufacturers to ensure a good installation.
- Create detailed equipment lists from engineering sketches (equipment, areas, linear feet, etc.) for procurement and production.
- Review contract documents; prepare a complete scope of work prior to performing technical project tasks.
- All other related duties.
- Minimum 2 years experience.
- Very good knowledge of Autocad. Knowledge of REVIT, CADMEP (Fabrication), SYSQUE and BIM/Autodesk (an asset).
- Possess a vehicle with a driver’s license.
- Experience in the fabrication of various piping systems.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Knowledge of HVAC (an asset).
- ASP card (an asset).
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive total compensation.
- Group medical and dental insurance paid at 60% by the employer.
- 4 weeks paid vacation per year.
- 5 paid personal days per year.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Access to telecommuting in hybrid mode.
- Summer schedule: 10 summer Fridays.
- Fruit basket twice a week.
- Free Coffee.
- Tuition Reimbursement Program.
- Safety Boot/Shoe Reimbursement Program.
- Professional Dues Reimbursement Program.
- Recurring Social Activities.
- And much more!
* Employment Equity: Kolostat is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and therefore invites applications from women, Aboriginal people, visible minorities, ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities.
Thank you for your interest in Kolostat. We would also like to inform you that only those candidates selected for the next stage of the process will be contacted.
Interested in this job opening?
Leave us your CV below!