GENERAL JOB OVERVIEW:
The Project Manager is responsible for the overall coordination of the projects. Reporting to the General Manager of Operations, the Project Manager ensures the completion and full marketing of the various projects.
- Review contract documents and prepare a scope of work profile prior to execution of work.
- Generate detailed lists from supplied engineering sketches (equipment, square footage, linear feet, use “take off” system) for purchases.
- Negotiate and issue purchase orders according to project needs.
- Prepare and manage construction schedules using Microsoft Project software, as well as establish a summary table of required equipment including delivery dates.
- Coordinate all project details with clients, architects, engineers, and other trades or stakeholders.
- Manage the project facilities within budget and maintain an up-to-date cost report for the project.
- Manage and track the contract change order process, including pricing, presenting values, and executing the work.
- Prepare the schedule of values for monthly approval of professionals/contractors and subsequently issue and manage progress billing.
- Establish a detailed list of the scope of work and test procedures to be followed during equipment commissioning, control, balancing, insulation and other trades.
- Attend any field tests and if necessary, comment on observations.
- Maintain and ensure quality control and minimize project deficiencies.
- Attend site meetings.
- Manage project warranties, maintenance and service.
- Prepare letters and memos to various departments, subcontractors, and suppliers as required for the execution of the work.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering.
- 5 years experience in building mechanics (HVAC, plumbing/piping).
- Experience in the HVAC field for a ventilation contractor (an asset).
- Knowledge of Autocad / Revit (an asset).
- Windows / Microsoft Office.
- Bilingual (French and English).
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive total compensation.
- Group medical and dental insurance paid at 60% by the employer.
- 4 weeks paid vacation per year.
- 5 paid personal days per year.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Access to telecommuting in hybrid mode.
- Summer schedule: 10 summer Fridays.
- Fruit basket twice a week.
- Free Coffee.
- Tuition Reimbursement Program.
- Safety Boot/Shoe Reimbursement Program.
- Professional Dues Reimbursement Program.
- Recurring Social Activities.
- And much more!
* Employment Equity: Kolostat is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and therefore invites applications from women, Aboriginal people, visible minorities, ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities.
Thank you for your interest in Kolostat. We would also like to inform you that only those candidates selected for the next stage of the process will be contacted.
Interested in this job opening?
Leave us your CV below!