GENERAL JOB OVERVIEW:
The Operations Manager – Construction is responsible for understanding, participating in and overseeing the development and execution of various projects. Reporting to the General Manager of Operations, the Operations Manager participates in the creation of a strategy to improve site performance.
- Assist in the implementation of safety compliance on the job site according to CNESST standards.
- Assist and work with the Chief Draftsman to perform quality control of drawings/manufacturing sheets.
- Assist and work with the Chief Draftsman to perform quality control of drawings/manufacturing sheets; Attend PEER Reviews meetings as required to provide technical input on new installations.
- Assist in the management and coordination of the work execution process on the job sites.
- Work with site foremen and project managers to achieve efficient resource allocation.
- Act as an expert in the field of tinsmithing and provide the necessary support to all stakeholders (draftsmen, project managers, foremen, engineers, etc.)
- Participate in the mobilization/demobilization of major construction sites.
- Develop execution strategies with foremen and project managers to ensure the efficiency of construction sites.
- Develop and implement improved site techniques in collaboration with foremen.
- Supervise daily pick-up and delivery logistics in collaboration with the Operations Manager.
- Provide technical support to the draftsmen related to fabrication/installation as required.
- Assist in the planning of equipment hoisting.
- Be involved in the management of daily rental supplies and returns as well as repairs when necessary.
- All other related tasks.
- 3-5 years experience.
- Experience in ventilation and plumbing.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of plumbing/piping (an asset).
- Bilingual (French & English).
- ASP card (an asset).
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive total compensation.
- Group medical and dental insurance paid at 60% by the employer.
- 4 weeks paid vacation per year.
- 5 paid personal days per year.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Access to telecommuting in hybrid mode.
- Summer schedule: 10 summer Fridays.
- Fruit basket twice a week.
- Free Coffee.
- Tuition Reimbursement Program.
- Safety Boot/Shoe Reimbursement Program.
- Professional Dues Reimbursement Program.
- Recurring Social Activities.
- And much more!
* Employment Equity: Kolostat is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and therefore invites applications from women, Aboriginal people, visible minorities, ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities.
Thank you for your interest in Kolostat. We would also like to inform you that only those candidates selected for the next stage of the process will be contacted.
Interested in this job opening?
Leave us your CV below!